Lighting Research & Measurement Center
What is the reason for launching our photometric laboratory?
Development and Innovation
Our R&D team perform implementations of new products by making various tests and alterations to product parameters so that all products fully satisfy the LED line® quality standards. Our photometric lab is the place where new concepts and prototypes are created. The R&D team is responsible for comprehensive development of new products, careful selection of components and strict quality management.
The LED line® Light Research and Measurement Centre is a place where continued and ongoing quality control tests are performed. Before a LED line® branded product can be supplied to our business partners through various channels, each batch of items need to positively satisfy a course of various rigid tests performed by the R&D team; the quality control is managed in accordance with current legislative standards and directives. Thanks to this pre-sale process, we are ensured that our lighting solutions will meet all safety, technical, durability and legal requirements at the time they reach the hands of end-users.
The laboratory is equipped with:
- Photometric darkroom, equipped with GL OPTIC Goniometer, GLG 30-1800 Gonio spectrometer, programmable laboratory AC/DC power supplies supplied by ITECH, and dedicated GL Spectrosoft software. The set allows to perform C-type measurements in C coordinates and γ angles (gamma), electrical values, luminous flux measurements, light distribution, create polar and cone graphs, determine colour rendering indexes (Ra, CRI), color temperature CCT and Duv, McAdam ellipses. It also allows to generate EULUMDAT and IES files.
- Testing station for luminous and radiant parameters - equipped with a sphere GL OPTI SHERE 2000 with a 2-metre internal diameter, designed for testing luminous flux and radiant measurements of large luminaires. The LAB is further equipped with a GL Opti Sphere 500 designed for small size luminaires / lamps. It allows to measure light and radiant flux according to CIE S025 and LM79. The station is further equipped with a spectrometer GL Spectis 1.0 Touch + Flicker with GL Opti Sphere 48 - a small size sphere. The set allows to carry out measurements for a single LED chip. With this portable set, laboratory engineers measure light intensity (lx), colour temperature (CCT), colour rendering (CRI), television lighting consistency index (TLCI), as well as optical parameters: flicker and frequency,, Flicker percent, SVM (stroboscopic effect index).
- Aging testing station - equipped with the LISUN SY2036 device for age testing of products under extremely harsh conditions.
- EMC electromagnetic compatibility measurement station - to measure conductive disturbances, a set consisting of an FPC1000 spectrum analyser and an artificial network HM6050-2 supplied by Rohde&Schwarz. The measurements are performed in accordance with the PN-EN 55015 standards. The PN-EN 55025 standard is performed using an artificial network TBOH01 5uH LISN supplied by TEKBOX. EMC compatibility measurements are an integral part of the product testing process at the LED line® Light Research and Measurement Centre.
- Thermal testing - infrared temperature measurement with FLIR E8 series equipment gives us the ability to visualise the thermal decomposition propagating on the housing of lighting fixtures and light sources. Infrared image analysis allows you to select the right components to ensure adequate heat dissipation from the LED.
- 16-channel LISUN TMP16 temperature meter (accuracy of temperature measurement of 0.5% in the range of -40 to 300°C) enabling measurement and recording in time the temperature of individual components of the luminaire in different places simultaneously.
We create highly reliable IES and EULUMDAT files
We support designers in creating precise lighting projects, which are the basis for successful investments. In a photometric darkroom we take measurements of type C coordinates and γ angles (gamma), electrical values, luminous flux measurement, light distribution. We create polar and conical charts, determine color rendering indexes (Ra,CRI), color temperature CCT and Duv, as well as McAdam ellipses. All together - we generate high quality photometric files, which after being imported to Dialux or Relux programs allow you to select the right type and quantity of luminaire for each type of project.
We are happy to share our knowledge
The years of our experience in the lighting industry together with highly qualified engineering experts are a huge capital for us, which allows for continuous development and the supply of most innovative lighting solutions. We are happy to share our knowledge during regular meetings with our partners during their visits in our LAB.
The LED line® Light Research and Measurement Centre is the place where we organise various trainings in the field of photometry, photometric measurements and quality control. We perform such trainings for our strategic business partners, distributors, customers and employees.
We are also open to share our expertise in the sphere of photometry with engineering students. We openly invite institutions and any entities to contact us if the representatives of such entities are interested in organising and managing trainings for their college or university students.
Come and see us!
The Laboratory was established thanks to the co-financing of the project within the Regional Operational Programme of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship for 2014-2020 - " Supporting the research and development infrastructure of institutions of science and education “..